Sunday, October 23, 2011

Celebrating Light

Diwali the annual festival of light is here. Markets and shops are shining to overcome the cover of darkness, atleast for sometime. Everyone is excited. Sometimes we just find reason to skip away the routines and tensions, to indulge in something different, exciting and social. Diwali is no different. From fireworks, to laterns, to sweets, to cloths, gadgets, name it and that is associated with Diwali. For sometime, these celebration try to shade the tensions, thought of routines, office, taxes and any other problems of life.

On the other hand, life becomes miserable when even Sunday carries its routine. I was experiencing the same for past few weeks.
One fine evening, I was driving from a lonely road. Passed from the group of shining shops and got in to the blanket of darkness again. Looking at the euphoria of Diwali,  I thought, "Everyone is happy and excited for the festival of light, Am I the only one who is missing beloveds and friends?' and I scribbed on the paper,
बाहर तो चाकाचौन्ध रोशनी है,
फिर भी है दिलमे अंधेरा क्यों 
घर से बिछडके खुष रहते हो,
फिर भी सबसे है गवारा क्यों

This thought fueled up my desire to celebrate diwali with parents, I came back, booked my ticket, posted vacations responder to office email, went on for a small shopping for cloths and sweets and headed to home.
Sometime it feels great to pack last minute.
Happy Diwali everyone...
May the festival of light enlighten your life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment